- Cleanroom Swabs
- Cleanroom Wipes
- Cleaning Cards
- Printer Cleaning Kits
- Medical Series
- Sticky Series
The use and characteristics of DNA flocking swab_Flocking swab manufacturer
Uses and characteristics of DNA flocking swabs
The top of the DNA flocking swab is a nylon fiber structure. On the surface of the medical ABS plastic rod, an electrostatic field is used to attach nylon fibers in a direction to form a brush-like layer. The layers are fully parallel and perpendicular to the surface of the inner rod. DNA collection
At present, Klimt's flocking swabs have obtained relevant certificates and obtained export rights in many countries.
The benefits of flocking swabs for DNA collection:
1. Sample collection process: The unique structure of the front end of the flocking swab can greatly increase the number of samples collected.
2. Sample dissolution process: The brush-like layer structure can release almost all collected samples.
The collection of trace DNA has more advantages:
In the past cotton swabs, due to the internal structure of the entangled fibers at the tip, the samples were dispersed in the fiber mass and stayed in the fibers during collection, which reduced the precipitation efficiency of the originally low DNA content, and may also cause false negative results in the test. The unique structure of the top of the flocking swab can almost completely extract and separate out a very small amount of DNA, so the flocking swab has a more obvious advantage in the collection of trace DNA.
The principle of flocking swab collection and extraction of DNA:
(1) Through the directional friction effect of the brush-like fiber layer, the cell sample can be completely captured
(2) The cell samples are concentrated on the near surface of the brush fibers, so more than 9.5% of the samples can be released in the end.
(3) The capillary movement between the nylon fibers at the front end of the flocked swab forms a strong hydraulic pressure for absorbing liquid or cell line samples.
How to use the DNA flocking swab:
(1) First open the swab package, take out the swab carefully, and be careful not to touch anything before sampling to avoid contamination.
(2) Put the swab into the place to be sampled, and sample by staying, rotating or wiping
(3) Gently take out the swab, usually put the swab into the virus collection tube, remove the tail of the swab after breaking it at the broken place, and tighten the cap to quickly take it out for inspection.