The top of the DNA flocking swab is a nylon fiber structure. On the surface of the medical plastic rod, an electrostatic field is used to attach nylon fibers in a direction to form a brush-like layer. The layers are fully parallel and perpendicular to the surface of the inner rod. Collection of DNA.
What are the benefits of flocking swabs
for DNA collection?
Sample collection process: The unique structure of the front end of the flocked swab
can greatly increase the number of samples collected.
Sample dissolution process: The brush-like layer structure can release almost all collected samples.
Why are flocked swabs
beneficial for micro DNA collection?
In the past cotton swabs, due to the internal structure of the entangled fibers at the tip, the samples were dispersed in the fiber mass and stayed in the fibers during collection, which reduced the precipitation efficiency of the originally low DNA content, and may also cause false negative results in the test.
The unique structure of the top of the flocking swab can almost completely extract and separate out a very small amount of DNA, so the flocking swab has a more obvious advantage in the collection of trace DNA.
The principle of flocking swab collection and extraction of DNA:
(1) Through the directional friction effect of the brush-like fiber layer, the cell sample can be completely captured
(2) The cell samples are concentrated on the near surface of the brush fibers, so more than 9.5% of the samples can be released in the end.
(3) The capillary movement between the nylon fibers at the front end of the flocked swab forms a strong hydraulic pressure for absorbing liquid or cell line samples.
How to use the DNA flocking swab:
(1) First open the swab package, take out the swab carefully, and be careful not to touch anything before sampling to avoid contamination.
(2) Put the swab into the place to be sampled, and sample by staying, rotating or wiping
3) Gently take out the sampling swab, usually put the swab into the virus collection tube, remove the tail of the swab after breaking it at the broken place, and tighten the cap to quickly take it out for inspection.